Senior Software Engineer – C++ / API Development
Location: New York, NY
Experience: 5+ years
Employment Status: Full Time, Permanent (FTE)
We are searching for innovative and smart candidates who are seeking an opportunity to make a huge impact. Consider this great career opportunity with a prominent, successful, growing, stable and innovative company headquartered in New York City.
Our New York-based client company is a large private company, yet they operate like a small company. People do make the difference and you can impact their success and your future. You’re not just a number here.
Innovate, Deliver Technology, Be Challenged & Have Fun! Work with a company that is pushing innovation, working with large scale, high performance - low latency, distributed and real-time systems. This technology is relied on by customers around the globe!
Our client’s API provides subscription based low latency market data and a wealth of historical and reference data in compact, self describing formats. These data are programmatically available to clients via C++, Java and .NET language bindings. Their API development team is looking for an experienced C++ Software Engineer. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on highly optimized, scalable, redundant and distributed software that facilitates normalization, and delivery of data.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Related Field (or equivalent expertise)
• Minimum of 5 years of C++ development experience
• Solid understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms, and Object-Oriented design
• Good knowledge of Multi-threading and Network programming
• Experience with High-Performance Unix Programming will be an advantage
• Knowledge of JAVA and .NET is a plus
• Understanding of XML/XSD and other schema driven data is a plus
• Financial and/or Market Data experience is a plus