Voice Application / Software Developer
Location: Bellevue, WA
Experience: 3+ years
Employment Status: Full Time, Permanent (FTE)
We are seeking an junior level Software Developer for an exciting, small company in Bellevue. Our client is working on next generation speech recognition and intent determination, with customers ranging from major automotive manufacturers to consumer electronics companies. Products include in car entertainment, personal navigation devices, cell phone applications, and others.
As a Voice Application Developer, you will work with XML, XSD, C# and C++ and development speech applications. These speech applications work across platforms and devices and enable users to access information by voice. This is an awesome role for someone who loves to learn new technologies and interact with APIs, a new user interaction paradigm and grow with a fast moving organization.
In this role you will work closely with the core engineering and Voice User Experience teams to develop robust features for cutting-edge conversational voice information retrieval systems. You will help elicit input from internal employees, customers, and partners to design the application flow and logic and will create the agents/logic needed to build fully integrated HMI(UI/Voice/Touch) applications.
Other responsibilities include: identifying premium content providers; examining and understanding XML source formats and APIs; and writing and testing regular expressions to extract information or transform data for use in text-to-speech (TTS) responses that are critical to a Voice User Interface.
This is a position that offers an excellent opportunity for creative thinking and teamwork.
• Programming experience with C++ a must
• Experience in web or software development, XHTML, XML, XSD and CSS
• Programming experience with Perl, Python or PHP (C#, Soap and ASP .NET a plus)
• Hands-on development experience with HTML, XML (candidate must be able to open
a text editor
and write some markup on demand)
• Knowledge of regular expressions or XPath experience
• Familiarity with web formats such as JSON, RSS and Atom
• Experience with software development methodologies
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• UI design and development a plus
• Ability to learn quickly
• Great attitude, self-motivated, innovative and passionate about technology
• Desire to make the best technology better and make a huge impact!
• Local candidates preferred