Software Engineer - Build
Location: Bellevue, WA
Experience: 3+ years
Employment Status: Full-Time (FTE) or Contract
On behalf of our client in Bellevue we are searching for an accomplished Build Engineer. This position will be working on the continued development, implementation and evolution of our client’s technology and product offerings. They are in a very hot space and have developed an innovative conversational voice search platform that lets people easily discover and navigate content and services from any device or network.
Their platform has applications throughout the mobile ecosystem. Within the automotive sector, they are currently shipping with flagship customer Toyota (Lexus) and Chrysler, and working opportunities now that include Renault, and major tier-one automotive suppliers. They can accommodate 16 foreign languages, to support its customers’ global product launches. Other target markets include smart phones, tablets and other consumer electronics.
CORE TEAM FOCUS: The Build Software Engineer will work as developer on the team that owns core code base / IP of the company. This team delivers components used on Server and Embedded platforms along with client side SDK. Particular focus on performance and memory requirements - embedded as well as reusable functionality and applying design patterns. Work closely with the research team on integrating new technologies into production code.
The Build Engineer provides installable integrated builds for test and final release, and source control across a range of development projects. Tasks include maintaining configuration management tools, working with source control processes, and creating installation software for each release. Tasks are small to medium in size and complexity. Communication and coordination with development teams is essential. A successful candidate will have experience in a large automated build environment and be able to build it from scratch if necessary, but definitely make improvements.
- Coordinate the build and release schedules with project management, development, and test teams
- Identify and drive resolution of build and runtime errors.
- Maintain and improve existing build scripts and tools.
- Must be able to analyze problems, understand process and product dependencies, and make effective process management decisions in support of providing viable daily builds.
- Maintain and improve existing installation applications.
- Conduct testing of product installation functionality. Troubleshoot moderately complex installation applications.
- Consolidate and document build information for different applications built and released to production.
- Magical combination of C++, web development, Build experience and _NIX
- C# ASP.NET, SQL database programming experience a plus
- Experience developing Microsoft Windows application installation software using WiX or other Install technologies.
- Experience with debugging problems in the build environment is required.
- Multiple platform (Linux, Win32) experience and knowledge of SVN, IIS, and Apache a plus.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to analyze problems and identify solutions with minimal direction.
- Flexible and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Outstanding attention to detail and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and will take initiative to work with peer developers and QA
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision on multiple tasks
- Great attitude and team oriented
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related field
Follow us on TWITTER: @CompellaSearch